Chechnya’s brutal warlord Ramzan Kadyrov has admitted that Russia is “finding the invasion of Ukraine difficult”. The close ally of Vladimir Putin was deployed to Ukraine with his militia at the start of the “special military operation” in February. The Chechens were even involved in a plot to assassinate Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, according to Ukrainian officials. Kadyrov’s forces have reportedly suffered heavy losses in the fighting and on Tuesday (May 17) he appeared on television at an event in Moscow addressing the faltering invasion. He said: “Today we’re fighting not against Ukraine, against Banderites [a reference to a pro-Nazi Ukrainian leader in the 1940s], we’re fighting against NATO. “NATO and the West, their mercenaries are there. And that’s why our state is finding it difficult.” However, he remained resolute in his belief that Russia will come out on top in the conflict. “But it’s a really good experience and we’ll prove once again that Russia cannot be defeated,” he added. Kadyrov also slammed German Chancellor Olaf Scholz as a “schizophrenic” in light of Germany offering weapons and diplomatic support to Ukraine. The warlord went on: “He [Scholz] is behaving in such a way that I don’t even understand. “He’s… Read full this story
- The Latest: Putin says G-7 criticism of Russia is ‘chatter’
- Warning on Russia adds questions about Senate's Biden probe
- Trump is Being 'Soft' on Russia? Don’t Be Ridiculous! Why MSM Should Fact-Check Properly
- Finding Freedom biographers say Meghan got a 'royal masterclass' from the Queen and saw Prince Charles as a 'second father' - before she and Harry were 'thrown under the bus' by William's aides and left 'emotionally bruised' as they departed Royal
- Russian Missiles' Global Reach: Does Moscow Need Military Bases Abroad?
- Ukrainian Operatives Are Gearing Up Again To Take On The Bidens. They Say They Have Giuliani And Republicans On Their Side.
- Belarus' ruler vows to quash opposition rallies after vote
- Tikhanovskaya challenges Lukashenko's power in Belarus vote
- Not a pretty picture: Money laundering and America's art market
- Best Friend of US Ambassador Mistaken for Kremlin Stooge
- Judd Apatow: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Rebecca Grant: Truman and Hiroshima 75 years later – here's why he dropped the atomic bomb
- Video Nasties Worth Watching
- Coronavirus latest: Tokyo restores restrictions after spike
- Viral Video Seemed to Show BLM Storming a Church. The Real Story is Much Darker
- A Church. A Viral Video. A Campaign To Discredit Black Lives Matter.
- Hiroshima survivor to mark 75th anniversary of atomic bomb attack
- 'This book will shake the world'
Putin's brutal warlord pal Kadyrov admits Russia is 'finding Ukraine invasion difficult' have 414 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.