Qualcomm unveiled Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 at the annual Snapdragon Tech Summit on Wednesday — as its new 5G mobile platform for next-generation flagship Android phones. The chip is the first to come with the new Snapdragon branding that is the result after the San Diego-based company brought its 17 Snapdragon 800-series system-on-chip (SoC) models. The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is claimed to be up to four times faster artificial intelligence (AI) performance than the Snapdragon 888 SoC introduced last year. It is also touted to deliver 30 percent faster graphics rendering along with 25 percent more power efficiency over the predecessor. Additionally, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is claimed to be the world’s first 5G modem-RF solution to reach 10 Gigabit download speeds on a compatible network. Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 availability timeline Just like the past few years, Qualcomm said that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 will be used by global smartphone vendors including Black Shark , Honor , iQoo , Motorola , Nubia , OnePlus , Oppo , Realme , Redmi , Sharp , Sony , Vivo , Xiaomi , and ZTE . Phones based on the new chip are expected by the end of 2021, the company… Read full this story
- The company that makes chips for top Android phones announced its new model – here’s what it means for Android phones in 2018
- The iPhone 8’s A11 Bionic chip couldn’t hold up in a speed test against the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Sony Xperia XZs review: Super slow motion camera is another first of its kind
- The Xiaomi Mi 3 Is Really Affordable. Should I Be Getting One Too?
- Watch OnePlus’ 4-month old flagship phone blaze through the latest Google and Samsung devices
- The chip inside the iPhone X and iPhone 8 makes them more powerful than a 2017 MacBook Pro
- Microsoft is taking a second stab at one of its biggest failed experiments
- Google put a custom, self-designed chip inside its latest flagship smartphone
- Five things to know about the OnePlus 3T
- Sony made an $800 phone with extravagant features you won’t find in any iPhone or Galaxy phone — here’s what it’s like
- Sony’s new phone is Android’s answer to the iPhone SE
- Google's First Smartphone Is A Real Threat To The iPhone 7
Qualcomm Unveils Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC With 4x Faster AI Performance, Better Graphics Rendering have 341 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.