INDIA IN THE HUNDRED by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet India’s T20I Harmanpreet Kaur (left) will play for Manchester Originals in the tournament opener. © BCCI The inaugural season of The Hundred will see the participation of as many as five India women cricketers. Apart from senior stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana, top ranked T20I batter Shafali Verma, all-rounder Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues are the others who will be part of the novel 100-ball tournament. Harmanpreet, India’s T20I skipper, will be part of the Manchester Originals while Mandhana has been signed up by Southern Brave. Deepti will represent the London Spirit franchise and Rodrigues will play for the Northern Superchargers. Shafali joins her national team colleagues as a late replacement for Sophie Devine who has opted out due to logistical difficulties. The young Indian opener takes the Kiwi all-rounder’s spot at Birmingham Phoenix. Beth Barrett-Wild, Head of The Hundred Women competition expressed her joy at being able to get the Indian stars on board for what is undoubtedly ECB’s most ambitious project till date. “They’re a hugely exciting group of players and they’ll bring a lot to the competition,” said Beth. “I can’t wait for July… Read full this story
- Priyanka Chopra Leaps to Defence of 'The White Tiger' Director Against Racist Comments
- England enforce follow-on after Ecclestone four-fer
- Meghan Markle ‘basked in attention’ of fans during tour with Suits cast
- World War 3 warning: The THREE countries with the biggest military spend - exposed
- China has ‘little intent’ to take over Taiwan by force – Top US general
- Sophie Wessex admits to struggling to talk with teenage son about aspects of royal work
- Prince Harry and Prince William’s Feud Becomes a Battle of Rival Royal Brands
- David Bowie painting bought for $4 at Canadian thrift store likely to sell at auction for tens of thousands
- Caratini, Hosmer HR in 9th, Padres seesaw past Reds 6-4
- His Name in Vain
- Russo brothers are 'excited' to work with Dhanush, wish him good luck for 'Jagame Thandhiram'
- Told Not to Comment on Mahesh-Mukesh Bhatt Split: Vikram Bhatt
- Aamir Khan Jets Off With Family For a Vacation, See Pics
Harmanpreet, Mandhana, Shafali headline India's representation in The Hundred have 355 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.