KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Segamat MP Datuk Seri Dr Santhara Kumar has filed a suit against Batu MP P. Prabkaran for allegedly uttering defamatory words in connection with the former Deputy Federal Territories Minister’s visit to New Zealand. Santhara Kumar, 50, as the plaintiff filed the suit in the High Court here through Messrs N. Krishnan Nair & Co on June 23, naming Prabkaran, 25, as the sole defendant. Based on the statement of claim, the plaintiff claimed that the defendant had held a press conference outside the New Zealand High Commission on March 17 between 9.30am and 2pm by issuing untrue and false information on the plaintiff’s responsibilities as a deputy minister. The plaintiff claimed that the defendant or his representative had submitted a memorandum to the New Zealand High Commission criticising the approval and permission given to the plaintiff to visit New Zealand and the defendant also contacted officials at the embassy to find out personal information and plaintiff’s permission to enter the country. The former Deputy Federal Territories Minister claimed that the defamatory statements meant that the plaintiff had trespassed and entered New Zealand illegally without complying with and respecting the country’s laws and the authorities should take… Read full this story
- Ghislaine Maxwell, Associate of Jeffrey Epstein, Is Arrested
- Tokyo Olympics 2021, India Full Schedule: Events, Time Table, Fixtures, Details
- Concern grows over plans for vaccine passports
- Qaddafi’s Son Is Alive. And He Wants to Take Libya Back.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Inc (WH) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Reported Coronavirus Cases Top 5 Million Worldwide
- Liam Malone chokes back tears during Nelson homecoming
- Embracing The Awful Irony At A Huge Counter-Terrorism Fair In Paris Days After ISIS Attacks
Trip to New Zealand: Santhara Kumar files defamation suit against Batu MP have 273 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.