COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet James Vince ended the day unbeaten on 168. © Getty Group 1 Liam Norwell registered the first five-wicket haul of the season as Warwickshire dismissed Derbyshire for 189 after winning the toss at Edgbaston . It could have been worse for Derbyshire who were reduced to 7 for 3 early in the morning session, with numbers two, three and four in the order all registering ducks. Luis Reece and Matthew Critchley, who made a pair of 60-odds, saved their blushes. Warwickshire reached 13 for 1 at the close, with Will Rhodes dismissed second ball. England’s Dom Sibley remains unbeaten. Bad light interrupted the final session at Chelmsford although not before current County and Bob Willis Trophy champions Essex had got themselves into a strong position against Worcestershire. One of only three teams to win the toss and bat on the opening day, Essex made 207 for 3 with skipper Tom Westley, who averaged just 17.20 in last year’s BWT, ending proceedings unbeaten on 84 not out. Earlier in the day, Dan Lawrence, fresh from his first taste of Test cricket this winter, made 46. Durham recovered from losing two… Read full this story
- 10 early observations from Phillies’ quick start: Bryce Harper, Jake Arrieta, bullpen woes and big crowds
- Hall of Fame Packers tackle, former coach Forrest Gregg dies at 85
- Detroit Pistons' Blake Griffin a 'perennial All-Star'
- Detroit Pistons' Blake Griffin an All-Star with a full arsenal
- NJ softball: Shore Conference players to watch, top 10, team-by-team capsules
- Our Man in Havana: Face-to-Face with Fidel Castro
- Analysis: Next UNLV coach walking into win-now situation
- One-on-One Coverage: Leslie Frazier on handling adversity, his playing days and coaching
- Super Bowl 2019: Staff predictions for Rams-Patriots
- Pats-Rams Matchups: Who has the edge?
- Patriots vs. Rams matchups: Who has the edge?
- Cale Maker has himself, UMass hockey exactly where he wants to be heading into NCAA Tournament
- Skill players brought explosive plays to The Opening N.J. regional
- “Mom, When They Look at Me, They See Dollar Signs”
Vince, Alsop tons stud Hampshire's dominant start have 319 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.