Scientists from the Institute of Oceanography under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology have completed a collection of more than 20,000 specimens of sea creatures, with many new creatures discovered for the first time in Vietnamese waters or entirely new species. Bamboo coral, collected around the Song Tử Tây Islands of the Spratly Archipelago, are on display at the Institute of Oceanography. Photo courtesy of the Institute of Oceanography This is the result of the national Project on Building a National Collection of Natural Creature Specimens. Deputy Director of the Institute of Oceanography Hoàng Xuân Bền, who is responsible for directing the project, said that this is a large-scale and long-lasting piece of research. The project aims to obtain a set of specimens of about 50 per cent of all marine species in the southern region for display and research that meet the standards of the Vietnam National Museum of Nature, and contribute to completing the national collection of natural specimens for research and display. It also aims to improve the research capacity and skills of classifying sea creatures to support research on biodiversity to serve conservation and education on the marine environment. The collection includes more than 20,100… Read full this story
- The British didn't invent queuing! Arthropod fossils dating back 500million years show the creatures died in an orderly line 'while migrating'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- The Vinh Moc Tunnels of Vietcong Attract Tourists
- Fantasy Islands - Truth is Stranger Than Fiction in the Georgia Strait
- Queuing for eternity: Fossils show lining up is primal urge
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- NASA and USGS reveal stunning infrared aerial photos in Earth As Art project
- Short Lesson in Understanding [Part 1]
- Fake identities, Real victims – Imposters of The Cyber World
- Peru 2004
Scientists complete collection of sea creature specimens in southern Việt Nam have 297 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.