WTC FINAL by Vijay Tagore • Last updated on Share Tweet Hardik Pandya, who hasn’t been bowling too much in the recent months, is likely to miss out on selection for the WTC final © Getty The Indian squad for the World Test Championship (WTC) final, against New Zealand, is expected to be selected in the next 48 hours, most likely on Friday (May 7). The selectors are expected to pick a jumbo squad consisting of at least four openers, about four to five middle-order batsmen, eight to nine pacers, four to five spinners and two to three wicketkeepers, Cricbuzz understands. The exact size of the squad will depend on the BCCI advisory on whether to select for the five-Test series set to be played in England or just for the WTC final. The team management is believed to have asked for a large contingent so that it can have a few intra-squad games before the big ICC match. The final, as reported earlier, will be held in Southampton from June 18 to 23. The squad, however, is unlikely to have too many surprises. The Chetan Sharma-led committee is expected to retain almost all the members who were part of… Read full this story
- WTC Final: Virat Kohli leaves fans disappointed by NOT removing Coca Cola bottles like his idol Cristiano Ronaldo
- WTC Final: Fans rejoice as Dinesh Karthik gives Southampton weather update – check out
- WTC Final | Sachin Tendulkar: India, NZ well-matched in pace, but India’s batting and spin look stronger
- IND vs ENG, India Playing 11: England Won The Toss And Choose To Field First, Debut For Krunal And Prasidh
- India vs England, 1st ODI LIVE: India Win By 66 Runs, Bowlers Come Back Strong To Defeat World Champions
- England select Garton for Sri Lanka ODIs, Stone suffers another injury setback
- IPL 2021: CPL 2021 schedule tweaked, West Indies players' participation in IPL 14 assured
- IND Vs ENG: Will The Decision To Pick Four Seamers Haunt Virat Kohli On A Pitch Favoring Spinners?
Selectors likely to mull over Hardik, Shaw and Prasidh for WTC final squad have 318 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.