Getty Kyrie Irving ‘s wallet is now $35,000 lighter … and it’s all ’cause the NBA says the point guard won’t stop ghosting media members. The NBA announced Wednesday evening it’s hit Irving and his Brooklyn Nets team each with $35k fines for “violating league rules governing media interview access.” The NBA says Irving has repeatedly refused to show up for postgame media availability sessions — a big no-no for players. Of course, this ain’t the first time the league has had to step in and slap Irving with a fine for this … back in December, he was hit with a $25k fine for dodging media during training camp. At the time, Kyrie famously appeared to react to the fine in a viral social media post in which he wrote, “I do not talk to Pawns. My attention is worth more.” Irving later explained his “pawns” comment was NOT a jab directed at reporters. Play video content DECEMBER 2020 Brooklyn Nets “Not even referring to you guys as pawns or media,” Irving said. “It’s just really how I felt about the mistreatment of certain artists when we get to a certain platform of when we make decisions within of… Read full this story
- All the Verzuz Battles, Ranked
- Bill Murray: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Trump demands RE-RUN of election: President retweets Fox News-hating videos by ex-fugitive Randy Quaid claiming 'a day of reckoning is nigh' - despite Pennsylvania certifying Joe Biden's win
- King David’s War
- Nicki Minaj SLAMS the Grammys for failing to name her Best New Artist in 2012... as she says 'Kiss my ___' in a cheeky Instagram post
- Georgia fires Floyd County's head of elections after officials found 2,600 uncounted ballots as governor certifies Biden's win and thousands attend 'Stop the Steal' rally led by Alex Jones
- The Untouchables: An Investigation into the Violence of the Chicago Police
- Trump campaign THANKS Obama-appointed judge who rejected their bid to overturn Pennsylvania's result, called Rudy 'unhinged' and compared their lawsuit to 'Frankenstein's Monster', because he 'helped get their case to the Supreme Court'
- Biden's margin of victory widens as Trump's subversion efforts grow more frantic
- Does President Trump have a legal path to reelection?
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 24 (updated hourly)
- Inside Obama’s War Room
- IFA forced to take 'innovative' new shape - which other tech shows have been disrupted?
- Colombian Cops Killed, Maimed, and Sexually Abused Protesters During Anti-Police Uprising
- ISL 2020-21: BFC vs HFC: Hyderabad record second successive clean sheet in frustrating draw against Bengaluru
- Sean Ono Lennon Reflects on 10 John Lennon Solo Classics
- The redemption myth: sporting comebacks are as predictable as they are overblown
- How long can GOP dance the two-step?
Kyrie Irving Hit With $35k Fine For Repeatedly Blowing Off Media Sessions have 431 words, post on www.tmz.com at June 5, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.