Breaking News Getty Sad news out of Canada … Wayne Gretzky ‘s father, Walter Gretzky , has died after a battle with Parkinson’s disease. He was 82. “It’s with deep sadness that Janet and I share the news of the passing of my dad,” Wayne said in a statement late Thursday evening. “He bravely battled Parkinson’s and other health issues these last few years, but he never let it get him down.” “For me, he was the reason I fell in love with the game of hockey. He inspired me to be the best I could be not just in the game of hockey, but in life.” Getty The stories about Walter Gretzky’s role in Wayne’s career are legendary — he served as The Great One’s personal coach growing up, hammering home the fundamentals of the game. One of his most famous lessons for Wayne focused on ANTICIPATING the action — skate to where the puck is going, not where it’s been. Walter loved hockey — but never played at the pro level. He played junior and senior hockey growing up in Canada but realized he wasn’t good enough to make a career out of it. Getty His son, however… Read full this story
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime Video
- The 32 Greatest Disaster Movies of All Time
- From Caroline Flack and Barbara Windsor to Sean Connery and Maradona – we bid a final farewell to those we lost in 2020
- Celebrity deaths 2020 – all the stars who died last year
- Britain faces lockdown limbo: Tory fury as Matt Hancock hints at tougher enforcement saying 'nothing is ruled out' and admitting new squeeze to fight 'out of control' mutant Covid will last MONTHS – with vaccines only hope of escape
- How Atlanta rappers helped flip the White House
- 60 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- Britain's busiest hospital is in 'DISASTER medicine mode', claims 'leaked management email' from Royal London where medics are 'no longer providing high standard critical care' and 'patients are waiting 24 hours for beds and take taxis to beat ambulances'
- Boss of London's University College Hospital warns it is on the brink of treating ONLY coronavirus patients as other treatment centre warns it is in 'disaster mode', with patients waiting more than 24 hours for beds
- The 40 best true crime series to watch on Netflix right now
- Movie, television legend James Garner dies at 86
- 55 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Bruce Springsteen, Made In The U.S.A.
- Could this wallpaper prove that Napoleon was MURDERED? Décor that might have been laced with arsenic goes up for auction
- The 50 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
Wayne Gretzky's Father Walter Gretzky Dead at 82 After Parkinson's Battle have 436 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.