The Irregulars on Netflix edged The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ on Nielsen 's weekly U.S. streaming chart. The supernatural Sherlock Holmes drama tallied 643 million minutes of viewing during the week of March 29 to April 4, compared with 628 million for Falcon. In a key difference, though, there are eight episodes of The Irregulars , compared with three for the Marvel series, which used Disney's usual weekly release model. Nielsen's rankings always reflect a nearly month-long lag time, by arrangement with streaming providers. The Irregulars is a new twist on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's tales of Holmes, Doctor Watson and the other Baker Street staples. Billed as a darker take, it centers on a gang of troubled teens and departs from other Sherlock adaptations by depicting Watson as a sinister figure. Tom Bidwell, whose credits include Watership Down and My Mad Fat Diary, is the show's writer and an executive producer. Related Story Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley Movie ‘The Last Letter From Your Lover’ Sets Summer Release On Netflix Viewership for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier held steady from the prior week, when the show finished No. 3. It is the second Marvel show… Read full this story
- Disney Plus: Early movie releases and everything else in coronavirus lockdown
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Rises To Second Best 2nd Weekend In March With $69M+ – Sunday AM Update
- Netflix and Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ and a Brief History of Black Superheroes
- FMIA: Football in the Fall? Dr. Fauci: ‘The Virus Will Make Decision For Us’
- Beyond ‘Animal Crossing:’ What those making your favorite games are playing
- Coronavirus and sports: What happened in April 2020
- What are you binge-watching?
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 5-6
‘The Irregulars’ Edges ‘Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Atop Nielsen U.S. Streaming List; ‘Bad Trip’ Extends No. 1 Movie Run have 287 words, post on deadline.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.