IPL 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet After a forgettable outing in the opening game, the MI legspinner returned to pick seven wickets in the next two games © BCCI/IPL Mumbai Indians head coach Mahela Jayawardene has heaped praise on Rahul Chahar for his stellar show in the middle overs in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL). The leg-spinner had a forgettable outing in his team’s narrow loss to Royal Challengers Bangalore , but picked seven wickets – four against Kolkata Knight Riders, three against Sunrisers Hyderabad – in the next two games to help MI pull off incredible come-from-behind wins. MI traditionally have had great batting depth and strong pace bowling resources. The only weak link so to say is the spin department that’s currently constituted by Chahar and Krunal Pandya. Having had to play five matches out of their comfort zone on challenging slow pitches in Chennai, the duo had to take charge of the old ball and coach is pleased about the leggie’s progression. “When we started playing him (Chahar), I believe it was the 2019 season, and he had a breakthrough season. Even in the UAE, he bowled well; he had his… Read full this story
- 'Indian cricket's colourful story is still being written'
- IPL 2019: RCB Vs RR: Shreyas Gopal hat-trick headlines in a match abandoned by rain - As it happened
- World Cup Central: Gavaskar calls 1985 fielding side better than current one
- Maruti Suzuki To Stop Diesel Cars By 1 April 2020 — Not An April Fools’ Move
- Rebalancing the old and new economies
- Kabul attack: A classic false flag operation by the ISI
- Suresh Raina donates Rs 52 lakh in the fight against Coronavirus
Jayawardene 'very happy' with Rahul Chahar's development have 271 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.