Former Pakistan cricket captain and Multan Sultans player Shahid Afridi has asked the International Cricket Council (ICC) an important question about the new coronavirus rules they have put in place. Taking to Twitter, Afridi wondered why the council had barred umpires from holding players’ belongings such as caps, jumpers, sunglasses and other items. Dear @ICC wondering why the umpires are not allowed to hold bowlers cap even though they are in the same bubble as the players/management and even shake hands at the end of the game” he tweeted. As cricket limped back to normalcy last summer with coronavirus infections surging in many countries around the world, the ICC put in place new rules that ensured social distancing for cricketers. As per the rules, the council ruled that there would neither be loo breaks during training nor will players be allowed to hand over their caps or sunglasses to on-field umpires. The ICC barred players from handing over caps, towels, sunglasses and jumpers to the umpire as part of maintaining social distance. “Players and umpires should maintain social distancing on the cricket field and that includes no handing over of player items (cap, towels, sunglasses, jumpers) to the umpire or… Read full this story
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Pakistan vs Bangladesh: Highlights: Shaheen six-for helps Pakistan bow out on a high
- Holding picks his 'fab 4' fast bowlers across generations
- Not sure how much further than 2020 I can continue commentary: Michael Holding
- ICC Cricket Committee recommends DRS for all T20 Internationals
- Coronavirus newsfile: Shakib Al Hasan reunites with family after self-isolation
- Who's the better ODI batsman: Richards or Tendulkar or Kohli?
- How the cricket world reacted to Muralitharan's chucking controversy
- How the match fixing drama unfolded
- "Whatever happens will not define you" - Memories of the Super Over
- World Cup flashbacks: When McDermott ran wearing raincoat ahead of 1987 edition
- Redskins offseason tracker 2020: Free agency scorecard, draft news, key dates, the latest updates and more
- Old familiar feeling is back - Border on Australia domination
- Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI: Imam hits debut ton in series-clinching win
- Asia Cup 2018: Rashid Khan, Asghar Afghan and Hasan Ali fined
Shahid Afridi wonders why ICC won't allow umpires to hold bowlers' caps have 347 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.