IPL VS OTHER T20 LEAGUES by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet “When you come to the PSL or the LPL, there’s an importance on the cricket.” © BCCI South African speedster Dale Steyn has said that the financial aspect of the Indian Premier League, the world’s most lucrative T20 league, steers the focus off of cricket and he finds the likes of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and the Lankan Premier League (LPL) “slightly more rewarding”. Steyn, who is currently plying his trade for the Quetta Gladiators franchise in the PSL, told Cricket Pakistan that the duration of the IPL was also a factor in him opting out of this season as he wanted some more time to himself. “I wanted to take a bit more time off. I found that playing in those other leagues was slightly more rewarding as a player,” Steyn said. “I think when you go to the IPL there are such big squads and so many big names and so much emphasis on the amount of money that the players earn that somewhere along the line the cricket kind of gets forgotten. When you come to the PSL or the LPL, there’s… Read full this story
- Mike Hesson: 'Wilful breach of IPL bubble will have strong consequences'
- IPL 2020 - RCB will show faith in youngsters and local players, says Katich
- RCB identify spin and middle-overs challenge for IPL 2020
- Aggression is the first step of batting now: Andy Flower
- With Jordan's mind coach, Sreesanth readies for redemption
- Former India batsman Badrinath retires from all formats
- Rohit Sharma, Vinesh Phogat, Manika Batra, Mariappan Thangavelu recommended for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020
- Rohit Sharma, Vinesh Phogat, Manika Batra, Mariappan Thangavelu recommended for Khel Ratna Award 2020
- Narendra Modi pays tribute to Dhyan Chand on National Sports Day
- Mohammad Nabi, Sandeep Lamichhane, Ben Dunk earn big in CPL 2020 draft
Cricket kind of gets forgotten in IPL; PSL, LPL more rewarding: Steyn have 307 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.