By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston BOSTON (CBS) — In sports, sometimes we rely too heavily on cold, hard results. Often, it clouds our ability to properly and fairly assess a process and decision-making. And so, with a certain quarterback named Tom set to embark on the postseason for the 18th time in his ridiculous career, some lines are being drawn in the sand. If Brady loses on Saturday night, then the Patriots were right to get rid of him. If Brady wins the Super Bowl, he’ll sure make Belichick and the Patriots look like idiots. Understandably, in a world where winning is all that matters, sometimes we oversimplify matters in terms of wins and losses. But in this case, I implore you to function at a slightly higher plane of existence before making any grand proclamations based on the game results of this weekend or next weekend or the weekend after that. Really, the rightness or wrongness (depending on your slant) of the Patriots’ letting the best player in franchise history leave was determined long ago. And make no mistake: The Patriots let Tom Brady go. Some shallow attempts to argue for the contrary have been pushed forth, but really, Tom Brady is no… Read full this story
- 32 things we learned heading into divisional round of 2018 NFL playoffs
- The Playoffs Begin to Take Shape
- NFL Week 17 matchups to watch: Can Baker Mayfield, Browns spoil Ravens' season?
- Opinion: Which QB would you choose in a make-or-break game: Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins?
- Opinion: Good reasons for Packers' interest in Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald
- Was Super Bowl LI best of all time? Ranking every game
- Ranking all 52 Super Bowl games from best to worst
- The NFL Should Allow Marijuana As a Painkiller
- Why Philly Loves the Eagles’ Big Nick Foles, the N.F.L.’s Best Backup
- Rob Gronkowski is irreplaceable and Rendon isn’t far behind
Win Or Lose, Tom Brady’s Playoff Performance Changes Nothing About Patriots’ Decision have 307 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.