The coronavirus outbreak has dealt a strong blow on the tourism industry. Thousands of tour guides in HCM City are sitting idle as domestic and international travelers have canceled tours.
Thoi Bao Kinh Te Sai Gon quoted Nguyen Thi Khanh, deputy chair of the HCM City Tourism Association, as saying on February 6 that the tourism industry is experiencing difficult days.
A beach in Nha Trang City (Illustrative photo).
|In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.|
In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.
Tourists presenting symptoms of coronavirus are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine, but local authorities in Hanoi wanted to know which agency would cover the additional hotel fees when their stays exceed their initial bookings.
Authorities in the southern province of Vinh Long are trying to turn tourism into a powerhouse of local economic growth.
- Cruise passengers take boat tour of HCM City’s Can Gio District
- Zero workplace accidents campaign kicks off in HCM City
- Friendship union works to strengthen HCM City’s ties with Slovakia
- HCM City, Chinese province bolster ties between people-elected bodies
- Solo travel trend offers opportunity for HCM City tourism
- HCM City highlights women’s role in fight against plastic pollution
- HCM City prepares for new school training programme, curriculum
- HCM City hospitals respond positively to call for reducing plastic waste
- Campaign on workplace accident prevention begins in HCM City
- SPTGA reminds members that tour guide license renewal deadline is July 31st
- HCM City taps potential for medical tourism
- HCM City needs more hotel rooms
- HCM City, Germany look to boost multifaceted cooperation
- HCM City’s Trade Cooperation with Provinces, Cities: Creating Impetus for Investment Expansion, Supply Increase
- HCM City, Japan’s Shiga prefecture boost links
- Vietnam – Cuba Culture Day opens in HCM City
- HCM City leader receives new US Consul General
- T’way Air to launch Incheon-HCM City flight
- HCM City – an ideal destination for Japanese investors
- Industrial Parks in Binh Tan District in HCM City: Always For Investors’ Sake