Britons packed the beaches, parks and bars on Sunday as they made the most of the glorious weather ahead of the new ‘rule of six’ coronavirus crackdown set to hit on Monday. People met in large groups outdoors in sun-soaked areas such as Bournemouth, Brighton, Leeds, London and Nottingham before the strict new rules come in to tackle rising coronavirus infection rates. But as care-free revellers assembled in their hoards, officials urged young people to heed their warnings and remember ‘the importance of the rules’ as the country’s Covid case total continues to soar. Some 3,330 coronavirus cases were reported today – up 11 per cent from last Sunday. It follows 3,497 confirmed cases on Saturday and 3,539 cases on Friday. Meanwhile, a report has revealed that up to 4.5 million people most at risk from Covid will be instructed to stay at home under a new shielding plan based on health, age and weight. Letters with tailored advice are to be sent to individuals based on a new ‘risk model’ which will factor in underlying health conditions, age, sex and weight. It will be introduced first for areas with high rates of infection but a Whitehall source told The Sunday Telegraph… Read full this story
- Is the weather really too hot for shirts on the Underground? Tube and train passengers strip as London hits 99.9F on UK's second hottest day ever
- Londoners suffer in stifling 107F on busy Tube while UK roasts in heatwave... as Britain braces for hottest day EVER on Tropical Thursday
- Who's who in Team Boris after brutal cull of Theresa May era: Boris Johnson tells his new-look 'Brexit Cabinet' that Britain is at a 'pivotal moment'
- 'It's hotter than Mexico!': Tourists and commuters bake in 94F heat on the Tube as roads melt in the African plume heatwave - with the worst still to come with highs of nearly 100F by Thursday
- CONFIRMED: Berlin Attack Suspect Shot Dead in Milan
- Sir Lenny Henry's four decade reign as one of the most familiar faces on British TV began when he was 16. Here he tells how as a teenager he beat the bigots and the bullies - with comedy
- Turkey’s Free Press Withers as Erdogan Jails 120 Journalists
- Fire union chief blasts 'back-to-front' Grenfell report for probing rescue teams BEFORE those behind cladding and safety - as ex-fireman MP says 'every firefighter will feel guilty today'
- The Stefanos Tsitsipas Channel Is Always On
- The time when America stopped being great
- The full story of Thailand’s extraordinary cave rescue
- The Gonzo Way of Branding
- Dog Racing Died Without A Funeral
- Fake it till you make it: meet the wolves of Instagram
Revellers hit the bars after parks and beaches were packed on last day in the sun before new 'Rule of 6' coronavirus crackdown - as ministers consider shielding for 4.5m 'at risk' and 10pm pub curfew because 'young people forget the rules' have 427 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.