MUMS are putting raw onions in their kids’ rooms in a bizarre attempt to ward off the coronavirus. A bonkers rumour has been circulating WhatsApp chats, claiming the vegetable will help prevent the virus from spreading. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Despite the advice having no basis in fact, mums have been peeling onions and leaving them in every corner of the house, with their baffled kids sharing bemused images on social media. Temiloluwa Oseni, 19, discovered her mum, Abiola Oseni, 46, had been stashing the veg in her room, with her mum claiming the onion would “absorb bacteria” from Covid-19. Temiloluwa, from Ashford in Kent, says her mum peels off a few layers each day to let the “fumes radiate” throughout the house. Despite Temiloluwa telling her mum onions will have no effect on the spread of Covid-19, her mum was adamant the vegetable is the answer, and she’s not alone. The university student said: “My mother believes the onions can absorb bad bacteria and from the coronavirus to keep it away. “I laughed when I saw it because it is not unusual of her to follow Whats App fake news. “It was just another… Read full this story
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump wants to talk to Iran, not bomb it
- The fake baby adoption scam
- The Ultimate Bucket List of Essential Oregon Coast Experiences
- Scientists Are Giving Dead Brains New Life. What Could Go Wrong?
- 7 Days: The City Below
- Inside the Race to Stop the Next Mass Shooter
- Threading the Needle
- R. Kelly charged with prostitution
- Tobe Nwigwe Is a Visionary Hip-Hop Missionary
- Town Crier for April 21, 2019
- NJ restaurants: 15 places to chow down for National Barbecue Day
- Detroit's Dem debates wrap: Candidates bow out with big plans
- Biden blows away competition; Harris, Warren rise
- ‘Big moment’: Trump waltzes into North Korea
Mums warned NOT to put onions in their kids’ rooms to ward off coronavirus after bizarre WhatsApp tip circulates have 297 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.