12:09 PM GMTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintFollow the Ranji Trophy 2019-20 news updates hereJanuary 7Punjab batsman Shubman Gill was fined 100% of his match fee for dissent against on-field umpire Mohammad Rafi during the fourth-round Ranji Trophy fixture against Delhi in Mohali.Gill refused to walk despite being given out, suggesting angrily to the umpire that he hadn’t nicked the ball. The umpire overturned the decision after consulting with Paschim Pathak, the square-leg umpire. The decision was met with some disappointment by the Delhi fielders, and play was halted for “seven to eight minutes”, according to those present at the venue.There was more trouble for Gill in his second innings when he protested a caught-behind decision from the same umpire. He walked, but not before showing his displeasure with the decision, a move that was noted by match referee P Ranganathan.”This kind of rowdy behaviour by anyone is unpardonable, least of all by proposed Captain of India A,” former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi tweeted. “No matter how talented, no player was ever bigger than the game. Example needs setting – let a more balanced person lead India A before the referee is intimidated too.”Shreyas Gopal to lead Karnataka in Karun Nair’s absenceKarun… Read full this story
- India vs England 2021: Ian Chappell says hosts start favourites, visitors' top three inconsistent
- England take aim at India's home invincibility
- India vs England: Hosts contemplating to field 3 spinners in 1st Test; selection headache for management
- "Will do everything possible to keep the tricolour flying high," Team India on PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat mention
- The best iPhone apps (January 2021)
Ranji Trophy newsfile: Shubman Gill fined entire match fee for dissent have 263 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.