HÀ NỘI — Shares gained across the board thanks to the growth of banking stocks.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.59 per cent to end the morning trade at 984.45 points.
More than 87.2 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.5 million).
The index edged down 0.03 per cent to close Monday at 978.63 points.
The large-cap VN30-Index climbed 0.87 per cent to close at 905.23 points with 18 of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity gaining.
On a sector basis, healthcare, logistics and seafood processing lost ground.
On the opposite side, insurance, real estate, securities, information and technology, oil and gas, banking, agriculture, rubber production, food and beverage, retail and construction were among the gaining sectors.
Bank stocks continued to expand. VPBank (VPB) rose by 4.4 per cent to VND23,500 per share with 2.7 million shares matched, Vietinbank (CTG) increased by 1.2 per cent to VND25,400 per share, Military Bank (MBB) climbed by 1.6 per cent to VND22,350 per share.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index climbed 0.94 per cent to end at 105.62 points.
The HNX-Index rose 0.73 per cent to end Monday at 104.64 points. — VNS
- F&B stocks push Vietnam market upwards
- Bulls push Sensex above 41K, but dump small-caps; 48 stocks fell 10-20% in a week
- Brokerages expect these 10 stocks could return 14-33% as market rally broadens in 2020
- Market in consolidation, brokerages bet on these 10 stocks for 10-60% return
- Taking Stock: Sensex, Nifty close at record highs; all eyes now on GST council meeting
- Japan stocks end higher ahead of U.S. payrolls data
- Buy DCB Bank, target Rs 276: Elara Capital
- Post election, expect next trigger for market share shift from NBFCs to private banks: Saurabh Mukherjea
- European shares recover after Trump signal on trade war
- US STOCKS-Dow hit by losses in Boeing, Home Depot; S&P 500, Nasdaq edge higher
- Taking Stock: Bulls charge D-St! Ujjivan Small Finance up 50% on listing day
- US stocks rise in early trading on trade deal hopes
- ECB, upbeat trade news push up European shares before UK election outcome
- U.S. stocks rise on fresh optimism over China deal
- Railmaker banks on innovation to sustain earnings growth
- Pound jumps on expected Tory win; trade talk lifts shares
- Sensex jumps 428 pts, Nifty nears 12,100; UK-linked stocks rally
- European shares near record high after Johnson's UK landslide
- Stocks edge up to new highs after China trade deal becomes official
- Movers & Shakers: Top 10 stocks which gained or lost the most this week