Europe 11 October 2019 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49986007 Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Related TopicsUkraine conflict Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, has backed in principle an agreement to bring elections to the territories controlled by Russian-backed separatists in the east.It is hoped that the deal will eventually lead to peace in the Donbas region devastated by more than five years of fighting.But thousands of Ukrainian nationalists have held protests, describing the agreement as a “capitulation” to Russia.The story is moving fast. Let’s break it down.After triumphing in Ukraine’s presidential election in April, Mr Zelensky said his main goal was to bring… Read full this story
- Is Russia going to war with Ukraine and other questions
- U.S. denies Russia claims that its military drills are cover to send arms to Ukraine
- Acquiescing to Berlin, emboldening Moscow and squeezing Kyiv: Biden and Nordstream 2
- Russian Snipers, Missiles and Warplanes Try to Tilt Libyan War
- How to Get Rich in Trump’s Washington
- Biden is playing a long game with Putin. Will it work?: ANALYSIS
- Is Bosnia’s Milorad Dodik using genocide denial for political ends?
- NATO Confirms Its Troop Withdrawal From Afghanistan
Will a deal with Russia bring peace to Ukraine? have 294 words, post on www.bbc.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.