brexit countdown_bg Created with Sketch. Priti Patel vowed to ‘end the free movement of people once and for all’ as she outlined a hardline immigration policy under Boris Johnson’s leadership today. The Home Secretary said the UK would introduce an Australian-style points based system as she hit the stage at the Conservative Party conference. It came after she used the event to warn criminals ’we are coming after you’ amid multi-million pound plans designed to make the Tories the party of law and order again. She unveiled a £10 million ring-fenced fund to equip up to 60 per cent of police officers with Tasers. She also announced a £20 million investment to aid in identifying and dismantling county lines drugs gangs which exploit children and other vulnerable people. In a blunt, no nonsense speech in Manchester Ms Patel said: ’As Home Secretary at this defining moment in our country’s history, I have a particular responsibility when it comes to taking back control. ‘It is to end the free movement of people once and for all.’ ‘Instead we will introduce an Australian style points-based immigration system. ‘One that works in the best interests of Britain. One that attracts and welcomes the brightest and the… Read full this story
- Frederick Douglass Flees From Slavery and Becomes a Powerful Speaker Moving Mountains
- Langston Hughes - The Life, Times, Works as Well as Impact of a Versatile African-American Writer
- Interview with Robert Crooke, Author of "Sunrise"
- Impact of the French Revolution on 18th Century Europe and Relevance to Contemporary Christianity
- Eleanor Roosevelt - The First Lady
- Claude Mckay - From a Patois Poet in Jamaica to Harlem Helping in Reinvigorating Black Literature
- Maryland in the Days of Jim Crow
- The Collapse Of Ambition And The Wish To Be Saved
‘This daughter of immigrants needs no lectures from the north London, metropolitan, liberal elite’: Home Secretary Priti Patel vows to end freedom of movement 'once and for all' after Brexit have 289 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.