WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Golden of Maine says he’ll support a House impeachment inquiry in a public setting.
Golden was previously on the fence about the inquiry. But he said he now supports the inquiry because of revelations that started with a whistleblower and the new process for making the inquiry public.
He said he’ll vote Thursday “to open up the House investigation to the American people.” He said he didn’t go to Washington to investigate President Donald Trump but that he has “a solemn duty to follow the facts where they lead.”
He said that during the investigation he will remain committed to “the work the people of my state sent me to Congress to do.”
Democratic Rep. Chellie Pingree of Maine previously announced support for the impeachment inquiry.
- Adam Schiff: House ‘May Not’ Vote on Impeachment Inquiry
- Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry against Trump
- Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz kicked out of impeachment inquiry hearing
- Rep. Gaetz: House Democrats don't want transparency in impeachment inquiry
- Andy Biggs calls impeachment inquiry process a 'miscarriage of justice'
- Fiona Hill has high praise for ousted ambassador, Yovanovitch, in impeachment inquiry hearing
- The Latest: House Dems gauging support for impeachment vote
- Latest on impeachment inquiry
- Dem Sen. Murphy on Trump Impeachment Inquiry: ‘There Absolutely Was a Quid Pro Quo’
- Joe Biden Boasts: ‘I’m the Only Reason There Is Impeachment Going On’
- Levin: Pelosi and Her ‘Politburo’ in House ‘Running Roughshod’ Over Trump’s Impeachment
- Trump Admin Facing Impeachment Probe Subpoena Deadlines as White House Refuses to Comply
- Giuliani parting ways with attorney who was helping on impeachment matters
- Storytelling from the Heart: Casting the Golden Net
- The Role of the Public Speaker
- Effective Public Speaking - The Four C's
- Public Speaking Disasters of 2006
- Tips For Group Speeches And Duo Interp Public Speaking
- 6 + 6 = Everything You Need To Know (About Public Speaking)
- Public Speakers! Helpful Tip #2 From Your Friendly Grammar Police