NEW DELHI: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday condoled the death of CPI veteran Gurudas Dasgupta, saying he was a strong voice in Parliament. Dasgupta, 83, died in Kolkata following prolonged illness. In his condolence message, Naidu said Dasgupta was an able parliamentarian and a well-known trade union leader. “My heartfelt condolences to bereaved family members, friends and well wishers,” the Vice President said. Prime Minister Modi described the CPI leader as one of the “most committed and articulate proponents of his ideology”. Shri Gurudas Dasgupta Ji was one of the most committed and articulate proponents of his ideology. He was a strong v… https://t.co/fLiKjPX1pY— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1572503241000″He was a strong voice in Parliament, whose interventions were keenly heard across the political spectrum,” the Prime Minister wrote on Twitter.
- Navy Chief Admiral asks veterans to remove misconceptions, spread positive message on services
- Spread message of peace while in J&K: Modi’s advise to 36 ministers
- Deepika's mental health message, Indian food & free tea cups: Why India has been grabbing the spotlight at WEF 2020
- Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Nripendra Misra appointed head of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library executive council
- China defends raising Kashmir issue at UNSC to de-escalate India-Pakistan tensions
- No peace talks with India without resolving Kashmir: Pakistan FM Qureshi
- Aadhaar required to get benefits under scheme for civilian victims of terror,communal violence
- Ravindra Raina re-elected J&K BJP chief
- 53-year-old woman sentenced to 25 years for poisoning husband with eye drops
PM Modi condoles demise of CPI veteran Gurudas Dasgupta have 255 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.