Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 14:30
According to the latest poll by opinion researcher Publicus, incumbent Mayor of Budapest István Tarlós is 3 percentage points ahead of joint opposition candidate Gergely Karácsony, with a high amount of undecided voters still unsure who to support less than a month before local elections in Hungary.
Gergely Karácsony (photo: Tibor Végh/Wikimedia Commons)
The poll was commissioned by left-leaning independent daily newspaper Népszava, and conducted between September 9 and 14.
About 37% of surveyed Budapest residents said they will vote for Tarlós, who is backed by the governing Fidesz-KDNP coalition, with 34% throwing their support behind Karácsony, the joint candidate of opposition parties the Socialists (MSzP), Dialogue for Hungary (Párbeszéd), the Democratic Coalition (DK), Momentum, and LMP.
Róbert Puzsér, formerly supported by LMP and the right-wing Jobbik, but now running independently, can count on about 4% of votes, according to the poll, with the support of celebrity candidate Krisztián Berki currently below 1%. The ratio of undecided voters stands at around 25%.
The poll also reveals that the bulk of Tarlósʼ support comes from those aged between 45 and 59 and people with vocational school education, while the highly educated, young people and the elderly tend to support other candidates.
According to Publicus, Karácsony enjoys the support of 91% of MSzP voters, 95% of DK voters, and 69% of Momentum voters, but just 9% of Fidesz voters.
- Poll shows support for impeachment held steady during hearings as Adam Schiff's spectacle FAILED to persuade Republicans, Democrats or independents
- Cooking Kamala Fails to Break into Top Tier in Home State California, Poll Shows
- ANOTHER poll shows Labour closing on the Conservatives with Jeremy Corbyn up five points after release of freebie-filled manifesto
- Democrats’ Worst Nightmare: Polls Show 34 Percent of Black Likely Voters Approve of Donald Trump
- CNN Host Claims Poll Showing Increased Black Support for Trump is Fake, Jokes Only Kanye West, Ben Carson Surveyed
- Net support for impeachment grew steadily during U.S. congressional hearings, poll shows
- Poll Shows Majority of Republicans Choose Trump Over Lincoln
- New Poll Shows Top Democratic Candidates Beating Donald Trump in Key Swing State
- Quinnipiac Poll Shows Pete Buttigieg Surging to Second Place Nationally
- Post-Debate Poll Shows Joe Biden Maintaining Commanding Lead
- Wisconsin poll shows only 40% support removing Trump
- Pete Buttigieg Is Just Three Points Behind Elizabeth Warren, Poll Shows
- Labour erupts in civil war and blames pro-Remain MPs for the loss of Brexit backing voters as yet ANOTHER poll shows them behind the Tories (although they're doing better than they were a month ago)
- Exit polls show Romania's incumbent president wins presidential runoff
- How most of Britain now wants a NO DEAL Brexit: Poll shows only London and Scotland want to Remain in the EU if a deal isn't agreed by April 12 as almost half of voters say Theresa May should resign
- Impeachment hearings haven’t changed many minds, polls show
- Trump Is In 'Deep Trouble,' Presidential Historian Predicts As Poll Shows Half of Country Wants President Impeached
- House Dem reverses course on impeachment as polls show declining support
- George Conway Shares Polls Showing More Americans Want Trump Impeached and Removed than Nixon Before He Resigned
- Shocking dashcam video shows father and son drag racing Corvettes in the Lincoln Tunnel before spiraling out of control and crashing - and the duo are arrested months later after sharing the clip on Instagram