Mason Greenwood has been rewarded for his Manchester United breakthrough with a maiden call-up for England Under-21s. Greenwood has played three times for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this season after making his United first-team debut against PSG in March. The Young Lions travel to Turkey on September 6 before hosting Kosovo in Hull three days later in their opening Euro 2021 qualifiers. Norwich trio Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey and Todd Cantwell are included for the first time, along with Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah, on loan at Leeds, Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster and Bournemouth goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale. England U21 squad Goalkeepers: Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Aaron Ramsdale (Bournemouth), Nathan Trott (AFC Wimbledon, loan from West Ham) Defenders: Max Aarons (Norwich City), Trevoh Chalobah (Huddersfield Town, loan from Chelsea), Ben Godfrey (Norwich City), Marc Guehi (Chelsea), James Justin (Leicester City), Jonathan Panzo (AS Monaco), Steven Sessegnon (Fulham), Ben Wilmot (Swansea City, loan from Watford) Midfielders: Todd Cantwell (Norwich City), Tom Davies (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves), Dwight McNeil (Burnley), Omar Richards (Reading), Oliver Skipp (Tottenham), Joe Willock (Arsenal) Forwards: Rhian Brewster (Liverpool), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Reiss Nelson (Arsenal), Eddie Nketiah (Leeds United, loan from Arsenal) Additional reporting by the Press Association.
- Trio earn England U21 call-ups
- Tomkins earns England U21s call
- Beckham to lead England after Euro?
- Spain, England, Germany the pick at U21 Euros
- Trippier targets City role
- Rovers Trust slam Venky’s
- Cazorla wants more Gunners goals
- Suarez happy with Anfield progress
- Hoddle: Owen one of the best
- Newton could make permanent move
- Shrimpers extend Lund loan
- Buchanan hails away display
- Pompey target Jolley loan deal
- Alexander lays down Gyorio gauntlet
- Roche toasts crucial victory
- Herron, Ebner round out Ohio State draftees
- Preston stick with Stuckmann
England U21 squad: Greenwood, Nketiah and Brewster earn callups have 275 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at August 30, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.