President Trump took time out of his skein of meetings with world leaders in Japan to weigh in on the Democratic debate melee – blasting the candidates’ latest comments on immigration even while saying he would rather not watch the spectacle. ‘I just passed the television set on the way here,’ The president said Friday local time while seated alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel, while pool cameras covered the exchange 13 time zones away from the action on the Miami debate stage. ‘I saw that health care and maximum health care was given to 100 percent of the illegal immigrants coming into our country by the Democrats. Unfortunately, they didn’t discuss what they’re giving to American citizens. That’s not a good thing,’ Trump said. President Donald Trump weighed in on the Democratic debate during a press event with Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel, then said he would rather meet with her than watch it He was referencing comments by candidates, including former Vice President Joe Biden, that they would extend coverage even to illegal immigrants. Biden had said it was the right thing to do and that immigrants help pay for Social Security and help the country. Then Trump expanded on his comments… Read full this story
- Is wokeness killing Democrats? Here’s what the new DNC chief says
- Is there any form of tax that Republicans can believe in?
- Republicans have become the party that likes to harm the vulnerable
- UK election: Conservatives win landslide, triggering path to Brexit
- Can you ever escape from the American prison system?
- UK election suggests disinformation spread by politicians may be a bigger threat in 2020 than Russians or ‘deepfakes’
Trump weighs in on Democratic debate melee from JAPAN while seated with German chancellor, then tells her: 'I look forward to spending time with you rather than watching the debate' have 273 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.