Lucas Moura fired a hat-trick as Tottenham continue to enjoy the comforts of their new home with a 4-0 Premier League win over Huddersfield that strengthens their top-four hopes. Any fears they might have had about struggling to settle in at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium have been convincingly quashed after making it three wins from three there, with Moura earning himself a place in history with the first treble in the 62,062-seater arena. Victor Wanyama put Spurs on the road to an easy afternoon as they have now scored seven goals and conceded none back on their own patch. The lunchtime win sends Spurs back up to third and with three of their remaining six league games at their new stadium, Mauricio Pochettino’s men will be confident of coming out on top of a thrilling four-way battle for Champions League qualification. The routine nature of the win will also have been comforting to Pochettino, who was without the injured Harry Kane and Dele Alli and left man of the moment Son Heung-min on the bench ahead of the Champions League quarter-final second leg at Manchester City on Wednesday. For Huddersfield, who saw Juninho Bacuna’s free-kick tipped onto the crossbar, this… Read full this story
- Antonio Conte forced into transfer rethink after crucial change in last-gasp Tottenham win
- How Tottenham's new signings Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski will fit in the line-up?
- Tottenham 4-0 Wolfsberger (8-1 agg): Sensational Alli goal sets up cruise into last 16
- Davinson Sanchez exclusive: Tottenham defender enjoying life under 'demanding' Antonio Conte
- Skinner applauds Solskjaer’s senior Man United debut and Arsenal ease past London City
- Sevilla vs Real Betis abandoned after player hit by pole - European round-up
- Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham reach semis - Continental Cup round-up
- Karna Solskjaer makes Manchester United debut in Women's FA Cup
- Messi returns, Ramos scores and PSG cruise
- Ligue 1: Lionel Messi Returns, Sergio Ramos Scores As PSG Thrash Reims | Football News
- Six of the best T20 Black Clash moments
- England skittled for 103 as Jason Holder stars for West Indies in a comfortable win in T20 opener
- Premier League January transfer window grades: Every club rated from A to F
Lucas Moura hits hat-trick as Tottenham ease to victory over Huddersfield have 355 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.