Tech & Science NASA astronauts Anne McClain and Christina Koch were originally expected to complete the first all-female spacewalk together Friday but the assignments were changed this week. “After consulting with McClain and Hague following the first spacewalk, mission managers decided to adjust the assignments, due in part to spacesuit availability on the station,” NASA said in a release about the change. The change in plans caused an ever bigger stir than the original news of the walk assignment did, with many chiming in that it was a prime example of sexism. The change was all due to the fact that there were not two medium-size HUTs, or hard upper torsos, ready for the walk. McClain and Koch both require medium sized HUTs, the part of the suit that also holds the portable life support system, or PLSS, necessary to keep the astronauts alive and well while they complete their tasks outside of the station. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton even weighed in on the news, tweeting “Make another suit.” “To get the second medium ready for the spacewalk would take 12 hours of crew time, which would mean delaying the spacewalk, which would be difficult with the space… Read full this story
- Female Squash Players Given Vibrators, Wax As Prizes
- Epic Drive: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Visits Legendary NASA Space Sites
- Hot enough (to cancel the Test match cricket) for ya?
- Chandler Parsons says Grizzlies GM won’t let him play
- Why aren’t more women coaching men?
- Santa Anita Park horse deaths: Racing suspended indefinitely after 21st horse dies
- Yes, sir: Tiger Woods wasn't the only big winner at the Masters
- Aerodynamics in Race Cars Explained – Aspects Of Race Car Aerodynamics – Ultimate Racing
- 1968 Chevrolet Camaro – The Real Deal
- Ed Roth Vehicles – Weirdsville Comes To Detroit
- Modern Manners: 'How to Greet, Eat, and Tweet Your Way to Success'
- Vinales beats Marquez for first MotoGP win of 2019 in Ducth TT
- UFC 232: Difficulty of believing in Jon Jones increased by repeated preferential treatment
- What You Learn at the Motorsport Safety Foundation's Driving Instructor School
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 20-26: Pine Flat and Eastman bass hitting
- The State of Small Business: Connecticut
NASA Wasn’t Being Sexist by Canceling All-Female Spacewalk, It Was Being Cautious, Experts Say have 347 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.