Nation and World News By Associated Press | Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:05 a.m. Share this story Virgin Galactic reaches space for the first time during its 4th powered flight from Mojave, Calif. (AP Photo/Matt Hartman) Virgin Galactic tourism rocket ship reaches space in test MOJAVE, Calif. — Virgin Galactic’s tourism spaceship climbed more than 50 miles high above California’s Mojave Desert on Thursday, reaching for the first time what the company considers the boundary of space. ADVERTISING The rocket ship hit an altitude of 51 miles before beginning its gliding descent, said mission official Enrico Palermo. It landed on a runway minutes later. “We made it to space!” Palermo said. Thursday’s supersonic flight takes Virgin Galactic closer to turning the long-delayed dream of commercial space tourism into reality. The company aims to take paying customers on the six-passenger rocket, which is about the size of an executive jet. Virgin Galactic founder Richard Branson has said he wants to be one of the first on board. Branson greeted the two pilots after the test, declaring “Space is Virgin territory!” In plea deal, Russian woman admits to being a secret agent WASHINGTON — A Russian woman accused of being a secret… Read full this story
- +++ US House votes on impeaching Trump - live updates +++
- US House votes on impeaching Trump -— as it happened
- US House votes on impeaching Trump - as it happened
- Media Matters Digs Up Old Tucker Carlson Audio. Carlson Fires Back.
- Inside Madonna’s string of age-gap romances
- The Flare Path: Welcomes Combative Commenters Again
- The Flare Path: Welcomes Combative Commenters
AP News in Brief 12-14-18 have 257 words, post on www.westhawaiitoday.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.