You might think, for an international auction house that counts its Old Masters and Impressionist and Modern Art auctions as ‘regular’ sales, that every week is a week filled with luxury. But in a bid to bring its customers closer to the rare and exquisite items that go under the hammer, Christie’s launched the aptly named Luxury Week in 2016, a dedicated week of events and sales all hosted by the brand. After success in Geneva and New York, the auction house is bringing the event to London for the first time this year, showcasing three spectacular sales alongside interactive activities and talks by guest speakers and industry specialists. Prospective clients can expect a wide ranges of items from wine to watches, jewellery to handbags, across a packed programme of auctions and private sales. “Of course, we offer these amazing items all year long,” Aline Sylla-Walbaum, Christie’s global managing director of luxury tells me, “across multiple locations and channels: online auctions, traditional auctions and through Christie’s Salon.” (The company’s private sales service which offers clients the flexibility to acquire the very best pieces at a fixed price, in a similar way to retail). “Our London Luxury Week brings together each… Read full this story
- How the pink diamond became the world’s hottest gemstone
- The Dining and Nightlife Power List: Food and Drink’s 55 Most Influential People
- Naples Winter Wine Festival: How much did each auction lot go for?
- Things to do in Indianapolis and around Indiana
- What to buy a billionaire: Hamptons haven, life history or a cow
- POLITICO Playbook: No deal in sight ... yet
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
- Are You Ready to Meet Your Fixer Uppers?
- Calendar Listings: January 10 – January 17
- Thirty Years After His Death, Andy Warhol’s Spirit Is Still Very Much Alive
- POLITICO Playbook: Welcome back … Shutdown, Day 12
Christie's London launches Luxury Week with an 18ct white-gold & diamond Birkin and the world’s best single cask Whisky have 309 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.