Drake is officially the “Global Ambassador” or the Toronto Raptors, whatever that means. (Nobody has a real definition.)
However, this ambassador started a war of words with the king of the glare, Cleveland’s Kendrick Perkins something that started at half of Game 1 between the Cavaliers and Raptors on Tuesday.
Then it continued after the Raptors’ crushing loss.
Drake sits courtside in Toronto and paces the sidelines yelling at players more than half the coaches in the league. He’s been given a lot of free rein as whatever an ambassador does, but after this latest incident both the league and Raptors had a word with Drake about it, reports the USA Today.
The NBA has warned Drake after the rapper’s verbal confrontations Tuesday night with Kendrick Perkins, a backup center for the Cleveland Cavaliers, during Game 1 of the Cavaliers’ playoff series against the Toronto Raptors, a league official told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday.
The Raptors, who have named Drake a global ambassador for the team, also discussed the matter with Drake, according to the official who requested anonymity because of the nature of the matter.
No fines or anything — how much money do you have to fine Drake before he notices? — but he’ll listen to this.
We’ll see how Drake responds in Game 2, but that’s not as interesting as how his Raptors respond. If this Raptors team truly is different from past years, they’ve got to show it now.
- NBA reportedly warns Drake about 'bad language' after Kendrick Perkins incident
- Drake, Kendrick Perkins weigh in on what inspired Game 1 confrontations (vid)
- NBA playoffs 2018: John Wall, Drake engage in friendly trash talk
- Chicago Bulls reportedly warned by NBA about seemingly tanking
- Colin Kaepernick doing 'great' as he heads to NFL offices reportedly to depose Roger Goodell
- New Orleans Pelicans finish 15th in ESPN’s NBA League Pass Rankings
- NBA fans in China now have access to view games on NBA League Pass
- 5 best NBA League Pass games of the week: Oct. 24-30
- How much does NBA League Pass cost?
- NBA League Pass games of the week: Oct. 31-Nov. 6
- NBA League Pass adds mobile option for small-screen viewing
- Is NBA League Pass free?
- NBA League Pass’s Mobile View could come to television
- Drake, Kendrick Perkins get into sideline squabble at Cavs-Raptors game
- Drake, Kendrick Perkins exchange words during Cavaliers-Raptors (VIDEO)
- NBA hoping to avoid headline-grabbing confrontation between players, referees during playoffs
- NBA League Pass: Top Games of the Week 11/20-11/26
- Chris Young takes a job under Joe Torre in the league office
- All-NBA teams will reportedly be announced early to allow for more well-informed trade decisions