House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) confirmed Tuesday afternoon to the Boston Globe that she intends to serve as Speaker of the House if Democrats win the 2018 midterm election. “We will win. I will run for speaker. I feel confident about it. And my members do, too,” Pelosi told the Globe in an interview in Boston.Pelosi served as the nation’s first female Speaker of the House from 2007 to 2011. She was known for centralizing power in the Speaker’s office and backed the late Rep. John Murtha (D-PA), widely seen as corrupt, over Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) in the race for House Majority Leader. (Hoyer won and has served as Pelosi’s deputy ever since.) Congress also passed massive increases in domestic spending on Pelosi’s watch. In 2010, Pelosi led her party to a crushing defeat in the 2010 midterm elections, after forcing Obamacare through the lower chamber, infamously declaring: “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”She defied expectations that she would resign after her party’s defeat, and repeatedly fought off internal challengers to retain her “iron grip” on power — in the Globe‘s words — within her caucus. Though she is deeply unpopular,… Read full this story
- Bloomberg May Run for President as a Democrat. Some of His Views May Cause Him Trouble.
- Biden's soft-touch with Manchin, Sinema frustrates Democrats
- Democrats step up pressure on Biden on student loan forgiveness
- Pelosi, Under Threat in Her Own Party, Says She Is Building Bridge to New Leaders
- Democrats Start Knifing Each Other Even Before Official Virginia Defeat
- Pelosi wins her party’s nod for a final term as House speaker. That was the easy part ...
- Transforming America With a One-Vote Majority
- Another voice of reason retires
- Nevada becomes early Senate battleground
Nancy Pelosi Confirms She Will Be Speaker if Democrats Win Midterm Election have 294 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.