We at Business Insider are pretty conservative with our black tie rules. If it can be avoided, we prefer that you don’t wear sneakers with your tuxedo.
But if you do, we suggest you do it the way DJ Khaled did at the 2016 Grammys Monday night.
The 40-year-old rapper paired his rather staid patterned tuxedo with a pair of all-black Kanye West’s Adidas collaboration Yeezys.
We’ve panned red carpet sneakers in the past, but these are different. There is something understated and elegant about the suede sneakers.
Here’s why we think they work:
- The sneakers are not loud or obnoxious, and they don’t look anything like running shoes.They are a uniform black suede, without much ornamentation or distraction apart from the nylon strap.They aren’t shiny and don’t draw the eye away from the overall ensemble.They’re perfectly suited to the Grammys’ more relaxed red carpet dress code.The houndstooth-printed jacket tones down the tuxedo’s formality just enough so the sneakers can slot right in.
We’re as surprised as you are that DJ Khaled had the best style move of the 2016 Grammys, but we must give credit where credit is due. His Yeezy 750 in pirate black were a major key to that success.
- 'That is not the right way of doing things'
- Sexism row at US Open as tennis star turns her top the right way round
- Diss show the way as Old Bucks face up to relegation
- Offender fined £10 as judge tells him: ‘You’re going the right way’
- Burgess Hill Town boss Ian Chapman feels his side are 'going the right way' after draw against Folkestone Invicta
- 'We need to approach game in right way' warns Casey
- Christa Ackroyd: Why I defend women’s right to wear the burqa
- Metroline bus driver wins right to wear Rastafarian hair wrap at work
- Fighting assaults on women and children the right way
- Ryder Cup: Bjorn shows right from the start that he trusts his Ryder Cup newcomers
- READER VOTE: 'Is this the right way to treat liberating WWII hero George (98)'
- PD to PM: Do what you used to say was right way when you were Leader of the Opposition
- How Willian and Fernandinho show the way for Bernard at Everton
- The Right Way to Sanction Putin’s Russia (Op-ed)
- Skipper shows the way for Walsham
- Enda McGinley: Wake up, man up and play our game the right way
- Which way now? Open evening may show the way
- Padbury food takeaway service shows the way to Ve-go
- Fylde coast hockey review: Fylde's senior sides beaten but Lytham Ladies show the way
- Blood courier, techno DJ and scientist