Mazda’s remote start app, which the automaker rolled out last month, has been suspended until Sept. 2 while the automaker restores its servers, the automaker said in an email Thursday to owners.
… we regret to inform you that, due to a system outage at our supplier’s data center, the MMS website and smartphone application are currently unavailable. We anticipate full system recovery on September 2, 2015.
The email notice stated the service was crippled by a “power outage that affected the data servers.”
Mazda says that users’ data wasn’t compromised in the outage. Early adopters reported to Mazda that the system was particularly slow to start their cars — in some cases taking a minute or longer — and that its app was particularly finicky.
We reached out to Mazda to see if all users are affected and what exactly went wrong with its data center to cause the power outage, but haven’t heard back.
- Sen. Marco Rubio Blames Power Outage On 'German Dam' Explosion, Doesn't Realize 'Germán Dam' is Journalist's Name
- Power outage blacks out most of Kendallville
- Power outages, police headquarters and security cameras all on Cleveland City Council’s agenda for oversight work
- Power outages reported as Tuesday storm moves through
- Windy conditions cause widespread power outages in Northeast Ohio
- Wet snow causing power outages, closing roads
- Baystate Medical Center in Springfield has power outage
- Seattle 'Snowmageddon': City Light Power Outages Map, Traffic Wrecks Across Washington
- Wind, snow and power outages Monday
- UMass reports power outage in Southwest
- Powerful Gusts Starting Our Week; Power Outages, Downed Trees Anticipated
- Power Outage Cancels School in Region 14
- Transformer Explosion Causing Power Outages in Downtown Hartford
- Power Outages Likely as Wet, Heavy Snow Quickly Ends
- Balloons and Power Outages
- Hamilton power outages scheduled
- Oakland power outage affects thousands of PG&E customers
- More than 120 Columbia residents experience power outages Saturday night
- Wednesday's traffic: Power outage cause road closures east of downtown
- Power outage planned in downtown Portland Sunday morning