free speech advocates (See: Everyone) who slammed Sony for initially pulling The Interview appears to be coming to fruition. And right on cue, Pakistani officials are now furious over Showtime’s depiction of Islamabad in the Claire Daines hit, Homeland. According to Pakistani diplomats who recently binged on the 4th season of the show–which primarily took place in a fictional version of Pakistan (it was actually filmed in Cape Town, South Africa)– the show apparently didn’t feature enough greenery in its portrayal the Pakistani capital. Officials also felt the capital didn’t look Spring-Break-friendly enough (bombings, shootouts) as the show’s focus turned to a Taliban leader with the unique ability to raid a major U.S. Embassy without detection and kidnap a former CIA Director (the great Mandy Patinkin). Pakistani officials even went so far to complain directly to Homeland producers, who ignored said complaints. “Maligning a country that has been a close partner and ally of the U.S. is a disservice not only to the security interests of the U.S. but also to the people of the U.S.,” Pakistan Embassy spokesman Nadeem Hotiana told The New York Post.If you watched Season 4, you would know most Pakistani intelligence officials are characterized as… Read full this story
- Surprising facts about Buttler, Ashwin and Mankading
- Ladakh Stand-off: Be prepared to meet fire with fire
- Rahul Gandhi releases video attacking Modi govt, says China’s actions prompted by India’s disruption over 6 years
- In a video, Rahul Gandhi weighs in reasons behind India-China border standoff
- China’s actions due to India’s fragile economy, troubled neighbourhood and weak foreign policy, says Rahul
- Rahul slams govt, Jaishankar hits back
Pakistan Furious over have 277 words, post on www.mediaite.com at December 28, 2014. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.