For the first time in the 48-year history of the Super Bowl, the big game will be played in the tri-state area. But there has always been a New York/New Jersey/Connecticut connection to the Super Bowl as numerous players from the area have been a part – big or small – of the game dating all the way back to the first one. The Daily News tracked many of them down for their memories of playing in the big game. These are their stories: FRANCO HARRIS Harris was the MVP of his first Super Bowl with a then-record 158 yards. He is one of the most iconic figures in the game’s history as he went on to establish several other marks. But when he thinks about his best Super Bowl memory, it’s not of any one run or touchdown. “What I normally see when I picture it is a collage of smiling faces,” says Harris, whose soft-spoken nature belies his Sherman tank running style. “That’s what I see.” Harris says he started thinking about playing in the Super Bowl the day training camp started in 1972, his rookie year. “I had no reason to have this in my mind —… Read full this story
- Should New Jersey lessen its expectations on sports betting?
- Super Bowl betting: Risk-free $500 bets and other top NJ online deals
- Super Bowl betting: FanDuel’s risk-free $500 bets, other NJ online deals
- Super Bowl betting: PointsBet to refund Saints' fans in NJ; FanDuel’s risk-free $500 bet
- Super Bowl betting: FanDuel’s risk-free $500 bet, other top NJ online deals
- How Tom Brady Became New England’s Favorite Adopted Son
- History Museum extends 'Gridiron Glory,' lands 'GUITAR' exhibit for later this year
- These are just a dozen good people, among many, from York County's past and present
- What is a community connector? York's Luther B. Sowers, Voni B. Grimes were role models
- Hank Gola book about 1939 Garfield football team harkens back to times of yore, and today
- Former Louisville football star DeVante Parker honored by Ballard High
- Justin Timberlake toasts his beloved Packers at thrilling Milwaukee show, his first in 15 years
- The Playoffs Begin to Take Shape
Local Super Bowl heroes: New Jersey have 348 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 30, 2014. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.