In an offseason marked by Junior Seau’s suicide and scores of lawsuits over brain injuries, the NFL on Thursday launched a comprehensive wellness program for current and retired players – including a confidential mental health phone line. ”There is no higher priority for the National Football League than the health and wellness of our players,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in an email Thursday to more than 11,000 players announcing NFL Total Wellness. ”This service is here for you.” An outside agency will run NFL Life Line, a free consultation service to inform players and family members about the signs of crisis, symptoms of common mental health problems, as well as where to get help. Experts in suicide prevention and substance abuse are among those involved in developing and administering the program. The website for the program also features special video messages from various NFL stars, including Brett Favre, Michael Irvin, Michael Strahan, Herschel Walker, Jevon Kearse and Cris Carter, urging players to get help and letting them know they are not alone. Shannon Jordan, president of the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, a charity for NFL retirees who need health care, said the program is long overdue. ”Unfortunately sometimes it… Read full this story
- Golden Globe Final Ratings Steady With 2018 Despite Huge NFL Game Lead-In – Update
- Top 25 Baseball Stories of the Decade — No. 16: Baseball implements a domestic violence policy
- Donald Trump's presidential transition - live blog
- The battle for bronze
- Most-Watched Television Networks: Ranking 2019’s Winners and Losers
- Will Chris Christie's brash style be a boon or a bust in 2016?
- From 3D customised porn to sex with a virtual ex: Tracey Cox reveals how technology will change YOUR relationship in the next decade
- ‘Very dangerous trend’: Baseball failing to hire African American managers
- 50 Pop Culture Events to Get You Excited for 2020
- Warriors Mourn Death of Former NBA Commissioner David Stern
- Face the Nation Transcripts September 21: Power, Rogers, Feinstein
- Rob Gronkowski Becomes Personal Trainer for Fitplan App
- Parents of adult children with disabilities fill housing gap
- The most subscribed YouTube channels in 2020
NFL launches wellness program have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 25, 2012. This is cached page on The Best Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.