10 distressed fishermen of the boat DNa 61406TS were taken ashore on the Danang coast safely.
At 22.45 on August 25, the SAR 412 boat of the Maritime Search and Rescue Cooperation Center, region two, brought seven out of ten fishermen ashore while the three other fishermen were shipped by the SAR 271 boat from the Cu Lao Cham waters.
Of the seven rescued fishermen, three were seriously wounded and unconscious because of being tossed by strong sea waves.
Nguyen Thanh Hung, one of the ten rescued fishermen said the DNa 61406TS boat went fishing on August 13th, when it was hit by Mindulle storm on August 23rd, around 32 nautical miles far from Danang coast and broke down.
The rescue boat, SAR 412, approached the distressed boat and dragged it to the shore. However, at about 22.00 the same day, the DNa 61406TS boat sank as the ropes linking the rescue and the distressed one was cut by strong winds and sea waves.
Luckily, three fishermen held onto a big bamboo basket, drifting on the sea until they were rescued by a Quang Nam provincial trawler on the afternoon of August 25th.
Seven fishermen were found drifting at high sea by fisherman Le Van Linh, the owner of a trawler at 18.20 on August 25th. Linh handed them over to the rescue boat SAR 412.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Search options for missing fishermen in Northwest Territories exhausted, RCMP say
- Search for missing fishermen now a recovery mission, say N.W.T. RCMP
- 46 fishermen rescued from Lake Erie after ice floe separates from shore: 'Everybody was screaming'
- Snowmobiler missing, 1 rescued at west Michigan lake
- Footprints lead to missing hikers lost for five days in wilderness
- U.S._ Japan Scrambling To Find Missing Stealth Fighter In Pacific
- Japanese Stealth Fighter Plane Goes Missing Over Pacific
- Body recovered near Texas City believed to be missing fisherman
- Body found on island in Susquehanna River by fishermen: Harrisburg police
- As Crocodiles Feast Nearby, South Dade Captain Rescues Heart Attack Victim From Black Point Waters
- People fishing in Amherst rescue boy who falls through ice on Puffer’s Pond
- Search will resume for 27-year-old Boise hiker who went missing more than a month ago
- Fishing for Energy Marks 10 Years, 4 Million Pounds of Marine Debris Converted to Energy
- More than 75 animals rescued from burning pet supply store
- Water rescue involving multiple people underway near Isleton, fire officials say
- New effort to head off the need for search-and-rescue efforts
- Coast Guard suspends search for tow boat captain missing in the Mississippi River
- Cyclone Idai: Governments must ramp up rescue efforts and ensure adequate humanitarian assistance
- Body presumed to be missing tourist reportedly ‘eaten by fishes’
- Bobcat struck by California police car, rescued by 2 officers, is returned to wild