Did you know that men and women interpret flirting in very
different ways? Flirting is a natural behavior, to be sure, but
each gender places different values on the styles of flirting.
For example, research has shown that men have a tendency to
mistake friendly behavior for sexual flirting. It’s not that
they are stupid or deluded, but that men tend to see the world
in more sexual terms than women. So ladies, if you are feeling
the least bit selective—be particularly careful about the
signals you send!
Flirting with Intent means you have a specific objective in mind
– to get a date, to find Mr. or Ms. Right, to find a
meaningful relationship or maybe just to get laid
tonight…whichever it is, you’re flirting with intent.
And then there’s…
Flirting for friendship is just plain fun! At this level you
can flirt with more or less anyone. Exchanging admiring glances
or a bit of light-hearted flirtatious banter can raise self-
esteem, strengthen social bonds, and brighten any day.
Flirtation at this level is harmless but beware — to keep it at
a friendship level, watch the reactions of your flirtee, making
sure they don’t take you too seriously. Some of the friends you
flirt with have significant others, so keep it clean and have fun!
Like every other human activity, flirting is governed by a
complex set of unwritten laws of etiquette. For example, most
successful relationships happen between people who are roughly
at the same level of attractiveness. Studies have shown that the
more evenly matched partners are in their attractiveness, the
more likely they are to stay together. Keep in mind that
evaluating your own attractiveness may be difficult. Women tend
to underestimate their attractiveness, and generally wish they
were about two sizes smaller than most men prefer. Many men
tend to overestimate their attractiveness. When in doubt, ask
three or four honest friends to rate your level of
attractiveness…hopefully, you have that many!
If you are indeed flirting with intent, don’t flirt with people
who are unlikely to return your interest. If you have conveyed
to someone that you are interested, via the “slide & settle” eye
contact for example or using the old smile, cock an eyebrow and
positioning your body towards them, and they still do not
And don’t forget the “Rule of Four”. Wait until you’ve received
four separate positive signals from the object of your
flirtations before you assume that he or she is truly interested
- Ahead of Karnataka bypolls, why is HD Kumaraswamy flirting with BJP?
- What Is Breadcrumbing In A Relationship? Signs That Will Help You To Know If You're Into It!
- Marion Cotillard reveals she IS pregnant as she finally breaks her silence to deny affair with Brad Pitt and to wish him and Angelina 'peace in this very tumultuous moment'
- Surviving Work-Related Holiday Parties
- Obviously no one should use this Slack bot to announce a workplace crush
- Love Island: Bosses will NOT reveal the reason for Sherif Lanre's shock exit 'amid fears it will damage the show's multi-million pound advertising deals'
- The best dating apps for 2019
- Who'll find love on our blind date? This week it's Kim-Anh, 37, and Glen, 38,... but will romance be on the cards?
- Attack of the Clones
- Online Dating Facts From Men
- Finding Mr. or Ms. Right
- 50 years of pickup artists: why is the toxic skill still so in demand?